7:03am I'm awake, and into the shower. We're heading to Austin today, and it's a short day, but we've got an exciting excursion this morning.
8:35am After some hotel breakfast we're off - heading to South Fork Ranch in Parker Texas.
9:02am We're the first, and only people here, at the ranch where the show Dallas was taped. Who shot J.R.? I don't know, I'm not sure I ever saw the show
...but whoever shot J.R., shot him here!
9:47am I'm corrected. Whoever shot J.R. shot him on a sound stage in California. They were only allowed to shot exterior shots here, nothing inside, and only during the months of June, July and August. We've learned about all the camera tricks (large mirrors and wide angle lenses make their small pool look Olympic-sized; a powdery substance laid on the asphalt driveway makes it look like it's a dusty dirt road!)
11:26am We're back from the ranch, picked up Mia, and away we go. To Austin. Mileage 17821.
2:13pm We've stopped for lunch in Waco, Texas.
3:03pm We've heard from my Dad, he's landed in Austin. We're about an hour out - so even with our 5 day head start, he beat us.
4:15pm We're here. We arrived in Austin and I let out a huge sigh. Mostly because I had to take a leak for the last 20 miles...it was starting to hurt. Mileage 18038.
and for those of you who like visual aids:
And thus concludes my trip to Texas. Thanks for giving me something to do each day.
8:35am After some hotel breakfast we're off - heading to South Fork Ranch in Parker Texas.
9:02am We're the first, and only people here, at the ranch where the show Dallas was taped. Who shot J.R.? I don't know, I'm not sure I ever saw the show
9:47am I'm corrected. Whoever shot J.R. shot him on a sound stage in California. They were only allowed to shot exterior shots here, nothing inside, and only during the months of June, July and August. We've learned about all the camera tricks (large mirrors and wide angle lenses make their small pool look Olympic-sized; a powdery substance laid on the asphalt driveway makes it look like it's a dusty dirt road!)
11:26am We're back from the ranch, picked up Mia, and away we go. To Austin. Mileage 17821.
2:13pm We've stopped for lunch in Waco, Texas.
3:03pm We've heard from my Dad, he's landed in Austin. We're about an hour out - so even with our 5 day head start, he beat us.
4:15pm We're here. We arrived in Austin and I let out a huge sigh. Mostly because I had to take a leak for the last 20 miles...it was starting to hurt. Mileage 18038.
and for those of you who like visual aids:
And thus concludes my trip to Texas. Thanks for giving me something to do each day.Over and out!

6 comments:
I'm so curious about where Mia was.
poor mia
Those UT Austin psychology researchers do some interesting research!
Error bars are sexy.
Go to the Oasis - it's like Tavern on the Water, only better!
so you arrived in texas and???... is blogging illegal there?
Post a Comment