8:05pm. Mediterranean rosemary martini #1. Two parts Stoli, two parts this stuff. Tastes nothing like rosemary but it's sweet and tasty and I like the idea of a mediterranean rosemary martini, so I'm enjoying it anyway.
8:20pm. This is set in a mid-size college town in Wisconsin, the night before Thanksgiving. It's 8:20pm, 48 degrees. Janise dashes out of her house carrying a meat loaf and a six-pack of Stella and dressed for a party. She's wearing a plunging white J-top, 50's style flower-print skirt, pink cardigan, orange high-heeled shoes. Puts down six-pack, closes door, props meat loaf on left arm, uses right hand to take keys that she was holding between her teeth, locks door, picks up six-pack, runs down stairs from her porch to her car.
8:25pm. Mediterranean rosemary martini #2. Almost out of vodka.
8:35pm. Janise runs to her car. Opens door, puts meatloaf and six-pack on passenger seat, starts the car. She's clearly anxious, breathing intensely. Tires screetch as she takes off. Sir Mix-a-lot is on the radio. [Opening credits, not sure about title yet.] She looks worriedly at radio. Music makes her more anxious, but also puts her in the mood for clubbing. Starts rocking left and right with the rhythm, while holding wheel. Takes deep breath, sits back. Looks at six pack, it makes her happy. She's been obsessed with green-colored beer bottles lately. She feels better, smiles.
8:45pm. Second batch of rosemary martinis, substituting bilberry vodka for plain vodka. If this tastes like crap, I have to go out on emergency Stoli run.
8:50pm. This tastes even better! We have a new recipe!
8:52pm. Janise parks in unidentified driveway, behind unidentified car. Gets out of car, fixes hair and skirt, picks up meatloaf and six-pack of Stella, locks car, takes deep breath. Starts walking towards house. Stops. Another deep breath. Walks to door, knocks. A male and several female voices are heard inside, the male voice gets closer.
9:05pm. Byron opens the door. He's attractive and has dark hair. Dressed like he's ready for a game of golf. Looks enthusiastic.
Byron: Hi! Good to see you! Come in, please!
Janise: Thank you, good to see you too! [Walks in. They stand opposite each other, look at each other for minute.]
Byron: Hi! Can I take your coat? Oh.
Janise: I... don't have coat.
Byron: Oh. Yeah. Of course not. Um, you brought a meatloaf! That's great! Thank you. Thank you. May I take that?
Janise: Yeah, yeah, please, you're welcome. [Hands over meatloaf.] And... this. [Hands over six-pack of Stella, keeps staring at bottles as he takes them.]
9:10pm. This is my new favorite martini. I shall call it... Bill&Mary Martini. (Bilberry and rosemary, get it?)
9:20pm. At some point I went from martini #3 to martini #4 but forgot to blogument it. Who's counting anyway.
9:22pm. Byron: Come in, please. [They walk towards living room/kitchen.] Janise, this is my aunt, Elvira.
Elvira: [She's wearing a multi-shade purple and orange kaftan, golden hoop earings and multiple bracelets. She's holding a cigarette holder with a cigarette.] Nice to meet you, Janise! I've heard a lot about you.
Janise: Nice to meet you too, likewise. [They shake hands cordially.]
Elvira: It's so nice of you to invite us over to your place for Thanksgiving tomorrow! I hope it's not too much trouble.
Janise: Oh, no, no, no trouble at all. It's great that you're coming! I, um, hope you like cranberries.
Elvira: Look at you! You're.. you're cute slash sweet! Aw. What's you sign, dear?
Janise: [Pleased, blushes.] Oh, um, Virgo in western, Pig in chinese.
Elvira: Virgo, how about that! Byron's a Libra. [Whispers.] Very compatible. [Winks, laughs. Pinches Byron's cheek, looks at him proudly.] He's just perfect, isn't he?
Byron: Um, ok, um, let me introduce you to everyone else. [Three women are standing next to them.] Janise, this is Moira, Lana, and Anna.
Janise: Nice to meet you.
Moira, Lana, Anna: [Polite yet ambiguous.] Hi.
Janise: I apologize for being late. It was the meatloaf, see, it turned hard but I know this trick, using red wine, flour, and a special massaging move... [Clears throat.] Anyway, I hope I saved it. [Tugs on skirt nervously.]
Elvira: Oh, it looks lovely, dear. Big and hard - a woman's dream! Haha.
Janise: [Nervously.] Haha. [Seriously.] But I don't think it's hard any more, see, it's this trick that I know, that I used...
Byron: I think we're ready for dinner, right? Take a seat, everyone!
Janise: Red wine and flour. [Clears throat.] Yes. [They all walk to the table.] May I use your bathroom please?
Byron: Of course. Second door to the right.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
god is this tgiving thing going to be crazy awkward?
nope, different tgiving.
is there any nudity in this screenplay?
not that i know of.
The formatting is all wrong.
where's act 2?
Post a Comment