Tuesday, December 18, 2007

in search of natalee



She's definitely not in this resort anywhere. Only octogenarians as far as the eye can see (and mine, contrary to theirs, can see rather far).
  • You might wonder how can I afford to drink the $11 poolside cocktails. It's easy... sign 'room 2626.' I admit, it's not the same as having my parent's credit card at my disposal, but it's a start.
  • I'm back. I never found her.



AND JUST LIKE THAT, IT'S OVER.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna help look.

Mafalda said...

From the looks of it, I'd say she's not there.

Mafalda said...

Reminds me to start saving for retirement.

Anonymous said...

So before starting this story I have to remind you that this resort is filled with old/overweight people. So it's worth noting that when we got outside yesterday I noticed two attractive women who were probably in their mid/late twenties. Anyway they weren't just attractive by default because they weren't AARPy, but they were legitimately good looking.

Anyway as I mentioned yesterday, my aunt and I were in the lazy river pool, me on the tube and her just walking/wading. And a decision was made that I would leave the pool and go get a 2nd inner tube. Well the pool has different access points, and at the point where I decided to get out, I was already past the stairwell that was closest to where our towels were. So I had it in my head that I would turn around in the pool, and swim against the current in order to get back to that stairwell. Anyway I turn around, and there, approaching me, are the two good looking girls floating towards me. I dove under the surface of the water and started swimming but the current was entirely too strong for me (you probably remember from our time in those limestone springs in whatemale what an accomplished swimmer I am). So the result was that I swam in place for 20 seconds or less, and when I gave up and decided to surface, and I came up, I was suddenly looking face to face with these girls who had just witnessed me dive under water and swim in place for a fraction of a minute and then come up for air practically gasping. They gave me a look like I was a complete weirdo (they weren't so very wrong were they). Pretty hot huh.

Mafalda said...

Awkward.

Mafalda said...

Who are you talking to though?

anonymous said...

Dr. Awkward is a palindrome

Anonymous said...

tonight my aunt made inappropriate references to her sex life

Anonymous said...

and by 'inappropriate' i of course mean 'any reference at all'

Mafalda said...

wtg, helpdesque's aunt!

Anonymous said...

incorrect.

/bin/bash said...

Wait, wait, back up.

Current? In a pool?! You didn't mention your resort is magical!

Anonymous said...

are you unfamiliar with the lazy river pools? They are the greatest!