Friday, February 22, 2008

Martinoz movie reviews: Travellers and Magicians


Ok, so let's recap:

Young woman = Kind-hearted, innocent, pure, the ideal, the object of affection
Mature woman = Mean, manipulative, back-stabbing, dangerous

Furthermore:

Young woman = unaware of her sexuality = good!
Mature woman = in control of her sexuality = potential power = bad witch!

Thus it is straightforward to derive:

Old dude + young woman = m, m, good!
Old dude + young woman who in addition forgoes an education to take care of her aging father = m, m, good + 20 dB!

The proof is left as an exercise to the reader. See also, The Complete Patriarch's Guide to Calculus.

Oh, but, you'll say, the cinematography! The lush landscapes! The serene simple life! The wisdom of faraway peoples! To which I have to say, do the math.

14 comments:

forever shaken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nanio said...

For the first time I regret missing cinema club.

beentheredonethat said...

me too

nick said...

i didn't see any boobies (although i missed the beginning).

- anonymous

nick said...

ok, so lets recap:

- one woman who, for god knows what reason, marries some old fart.

- one woman who, for god knows what reason, doesnt tell her pop to go stuff it, because she's going to live her own life.

- anonymous

Mafalda said...

for god knows what reason

I'm not trying to second-guess God, but I believe that reason is called a "film director".

nanio said...

Ha! But this film director actually is God.

Born in 1961 in Bhutan, Khyentse Norbu (a.k.a. Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche) was recognised as the main incarnation of the Khyentse lineage in Tibetan Buddhism. Trained in all main schools of Tibetan Buddhism, Khyentse Norbu also had his academic pursuit in U.S.A., studying politics and filmmaking. He was consultant of Bernando Bertolucci when the later was making the film "Little Buddha".

Mafalda said...

God loves the nude boobies, too!

nanio said...

She wouldn't have made them otherwise.

anonymous said...

I enjoy nude boobies.

goldenhope said...

I like them too.

Disgruntled said...

I do too!

BrainMop said...

I'm not against them.

nick said...

film director makes the news!