Thursday, February 07, 2008

NMR Recycling Committee

Who is in charge of the Recycling committee here please? I should very much like to take them to task.

My neighborhood network printer has a list of suggestions hanging above it on how to feel like you're stalling the eventual depletion of natural resources on this planet. Among them is the idea that people should enroll in paperless (electronic) bill paying for our cable and utility bills so as not to waste paper.

YOU FOOLS.

What do you think it takes to power the computers that receive those 24/7 online payments. Not to mention the fact that John Doe, Verizon employee who used to get paid to open our envelopes and process our payments just lost his job.

[W]ith more than 1 billion computers on the planet, the global IT sector is responsible for about 2% of human carbon dioxide emissions each year – a similar figure to the global airline industry.

The real motive for switching to electronic billing is that the corporations save money when you do so. That is why they aggressively encourage you to switch. It's the same as hotels who ask you to reuse their towels so they can 'save the earth' by not washing them. THEY JUST WANT TO SAVE MONEY. It's a scam far worse than all you can't eat pancakes. Do you think they pass the savings on to the consumers? Have you noticed hotel prices going down since they stopped washing your precious towels? Has the price of HBO dropped since you started paying your Comcast bill online?

You've all been duped. I hate your committee.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

let's not be so quick to hate. If it's the list I think you are referring to (although it's been a while since I've seen the printers) it was not hung up by the NMR Recycling Committee.

Keep up the good work NMR Recyclers!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beentheredonethat said...

is all this brainmoping a cry for help? i've been there, so i can help you, my brother/sister.

anonymous said...

Brainmoping != Brainmopping.

nanio said...

The price of HBO hasn't dropped but I haven't bought a stamp in three years either. I hope everyone enjoyed not getting a Christmas card from me this year.

beentheredonethat said...

thanks for the language lesson, a-holes anonymous. i had no idea.

beentheredonethat said...

not.

forever shaken said...

Not only do I still engage in paperful banking, but along with the bill and my check, I stuff the envelopes with origami creations of monkfish, beetles and elk, using only acid-free, heavyweight printing heavyweight. I think it's been recycled, though. Am I still okay, BrainMop? Tell it to me in 16-point font, preferably red -- you know what that does to me!